Henley on Thames
Live Music Venues
- Cowley Road – the old Zodiac, which has now sadly become a corporate venue and known as the O2 Academy. Great live music, always has a wonderful vibe, and had some good times there.
- Combibos has an open mic and live performance every Tuesday evening (circa 7:30 pm)during academic year. Run by Francie Jones, Balliol grad student.
- The Bridge Nightclub
- Oxford Town Hall.
- Thirst Lodge, by the Westgate Centre
- The Jericho Tavern, The Zodiac of course, Oxford Brookes SU.
- Moonshine 10 pin bowling alley, eynsham
- The biggest hang out musically for Oxford is the Zodiac on Cowley Road and some pretty well known bands come here from time to time.
- Check out the Wheatsheaf for rock, and the Zodiac. I don’t know shit about other music but i hear the Cellar has a bunch of Hip-Hop and other rubbish!
- Smaller places like the Wheatsheaf and the Cellar have some good local bands. Brookes Uni gets in some of the bigger names.
- Wheatsheaf. You can go here to watch not one piss poor band but three at a time if you’re lucky.
- zodiac on cowley road – can be expansive, but good craic
- Zodiac, Cowley Road Wheatsheaf Arms, High Street
- The Zodiac on Cowley Road has club nights, local bands and big name artists.
- the zodiac has to win- and, soon, the courtyard in bicester is opening up to host bands aswell. not to be missed!! 🙂
- Get real, can you read? This is OXFORD.
- The Cricketer’s Arms has nice jazz.
- the best big venue is brookes, by a mile. the best small is the wheatsheaf, but it’s a bit too small sadly. the zodiac is evil, but all the best bands play there. life’s a bitch.
- Cellar is fun. Wheatsheaf is ok. Zodiac is a bit blah but the main big venue. I’m sure there’s others….
- Backroom & the Bully (Bullingdon Arms, Cowley Road to you non-locals)
- Student Union at Oxford Brookes University, Headington, Oxford
- Has to be the Zodiac–downstairs usually. The Wheatsheaf’s good as well-they have good-if-unknown indie bands upstairs sometimes.
- Music venues in Oxford are pretty relaxed. Good if you’re a quirky musician who doesn’t want to leave the stage under a hail of bottles. The Zodiac is a strange mixture of the village disco and spawning ground of musical innovation.
- The Bullingdon Arms up Cowley always has bands on. Saw last night the Vegastones: definitely the next big thing… for me at least!
- Gloucester Arms pub. If your a metal, nu-metal, thrash-metal fan then this is the place to be!
- The Zodiac, Cowley Road The Fuggle and Firkin Blues on a Monday on Gloucester Green
- The george Street theatre
- The Jericho, above the Philanderer and Firkin, Walton Street – gets the occasional up and coming band. The Point, above The Pub Oxford – Heard them on the Evening Session? Then they’re bound to play here soon.
- Bullingdon Arms – friendly pub on the Cowley Road with a small music venue at the back.
- The Apollo
- The Oxford Venue has reopened as the Zodiac and is really good. There was partying in the streets when this place reopened let me tell you matey.
- Brookes University also now have a new 1200 capacity venue.